Old and new

Pub 46. The Museum Tavern. 4th April 2012


After a couple of hours dodging tourists and trying not to be flustered with all hubbub in the British Museum, what better way to relax than in an even older institution just across the road. The Museum Tavern used to be called the Dog & Duck, when it was all fields and swamps round here apparently. And presumably changed its name to cash in on the big new thing at the time.


The beers are nice here. I once had a Tribute Black Prince here, it was delicious but I've never seen it anywhere else sadly. I'm sure I've just been unlucky. Today I had a Woodford's Wherry at 3.8%. It was very nice. My lovely companion for the day had a large white wine, which went down well, so I guess the wine is nice here too.




Even though it was pretty busy - it was still quite quiet and relaxing inside. The grub was typical pub grub and looked very nice, and thankfully wasn't intrusive. The Victorian interior is wonderful, lots of original wood. The bar and ceiling are very nice. You could very comfy here, especially with the company I was with. But we had other pubs to see...

No comments:

Post a Comment