Eton mess

Pub 161. The Adelaide.


Formerly known as the Eton, after the school which owned much land round here, some bright spark renamed the Adelaide a while back. The rad place down under is much cooler sounding than a stuffy old public school. Too bad the Adelaide we're talking about here is one of Queen Victoria's precious little ones.

Oh well. No matter because it's closed now. I only went here once or twice and can't remember an awful lot about it. One occasion we were sat out in the garden and I thought my friend' friends were a bit dull.
The other time I stood at the bar, and thought what a nice spacious bar to be stood at.

It stills looks like a functional pub inside though - a sniff of the Marie Celeste. I wonder what will become of it? Luxury flats I'd wager.





No comments:

Post a Comment