Taking a bung.

Pub 258, Davy's Bar & Grill. 1st April 2014.


Yikes! A wine bar?! But one apparently offering real ales. And it doesn't look to wine-bary so let's take a look. On asking for the ales, the very nice and smartly dressed wine-barman told me it was down stairs I was after. So down to the Bung Hole Cellar I went.


This is the door straight down to the cellars. Impressively plain for such a fancy place.


Anyways, once down stairs we find ourselves in what is for all intents and purposes a proper pub. Of the two ales on I went for the Davy's Wallop at £3.60 or £3.80, and it was very nice. I expect the Scotch egg at £5.95 would be very very nice!
The clientele were mainly gentlemen of certain on some kind of renuion or regular meet up downing the Wallop, and a load of young legal eagle go-getters, quaffing stuff in tall glasses from ice buckets.

I don't know why they don't give it a proper name though, or do they want to keep it sounding like a wine bar? Probably. But don't fear, it's not too bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment